Edmonson & Associates, Inc., Realtors prides itself on our property management services. Our firm has been in business and under the same management since March 1976. We manage approximately 60 homes and condominiums. We also are the property management company for the Mariner Village Townhomes and Lakeshore Condominiums in the Clear Lake Area.
We have a management contract that includes a full range of management services, however, if you do not wish to utilize a particular service, you are not obligated to do so. The following is a brief summarization of the management services.
- We will furnish you with a computerized monthly statement of your account with any receipts of work performed at your property by the 10th of each month.
- Rent is paid at our office.
- Repairs are called into our office. (We can be reached nights and weekends for emergencies.
- We enforce violations of the lease and or the homeowners association rules/deed restrictions.
- If rent is late, we send a late notice and if necessary we will file for eviction with the court. We represent the owner in court, however the owner if responsible for the filing fees (the tenant will either reimburse you or have a judgment on their record.)
- We can pay bills for the owner, such as mortgage payments, HOA fees & taxes.
- We prepare the home for rent, such as turning on necessary utilities, hiring and overseeing contractors for painting, carpet cleaning, maid services and/or any needed work that is approved by the owner.
The fee for the above services is 10% of the rent. This fee is charged when the rent is received. We do not charge a management fee while the home is vacant.
The 10% management fee does not include finding a renter. The commission for finding a renter is one month’s rent when a one year lease is signed. We do not charge an additional commission when the tenant fulfills the lease and chooses to stay in the home on a month to month basis or signs a lease renewal for one additional year. We will list the home for rent in the multiple listing service, on the Gupton Report (a rental report that is sent to all of the area rental locating services and real estate offices) and on the Internet.
When an application and lease comes in we run a credit report and verify employment and past rental history. Once this is completed you would be contacted, and you make the decision if the tenant is approved or not.
Edmonson & Associates is large enough to provide you with up-to-date technology in managing your property, but small enough to give you and your property the attention it deserves. Norman Edmonson is the property manager and primary contact for our owners and tenants. Our firm has three assistants employed to ensure quality service. We appreciate your consideration in placing your home with our firm and assure you that we will treat your property and your funds as if they were our own. References are available upon request.